2017 Northridge Swim Rules
Hours of operation
Northridge Swim Club is open for members and their guests:
Sunday through Thursday 8:00 AM until 10:00 PM.
Fridays and Saturdays the pool area closes at 11:00PM.
The King County Health Department requires anyone under the age of 18 not to enter the pool gate unless a lifeguard is on duty. The lifeguard hours will be posted at the pool.
Please be considerate of our neighbors when parking. Do not block mailboxes or driveways.
Members using the pool must follow the new time, age and lifeguard guidelines.
(Please see the By-laws Section 3 placed at the end of these rules for action that will be taken for not following NRSC rules.)
Hours may be adjusted due to events, weather and/or water conditioning. For updates pool on hours, call: 206-362-9675, look on Facebook, or check the pool’s website.
A member is defined as any person living in a household that has paid the current year’s dues and fees.
- All members are required to sign in upon entering the pool area per health department regulations. Record member’s name, time of entry, and number of members and guests. Guests must be registered on the guest register and appropriate fees paid before swimming. A guest is defined as any person not a member entering the pool area, swimming or not.
- Members under the age of 18 must not enter the pool gate or be in the fenced pool area when the lifeguard is not on duty.
- Members are responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and healthy environment at the pool. Promote safe behavior when at the pool and report any dangerous or unhealthy conditions to a board member.
- No one may swim alone.
- All persons use the pool at their own risk. The NRSC, its staff, and board of trustees are not liable for injury, illness or damage due to use of the facility.
- Northridge Swim Club is not responsible for the loss of personal property. Persons defacing or maliciously damaging pool facilities may have pool privileges suspended and will be held financially responsible for such damage.
- Members are responsible for actions and behaviors of their children and all guests.
A guest is defined as any person not a member entering the pool area, swimming or not.
- All guests must be accompanied by a Member.
- Northridge/Lago Vista area residents who are not members of the pool may not be brought in as guests, except during special events as designated by the board. See events calendar for details.
- Sign in your guest at the gate. Place guest fees in an envelope, located near the phone, & record the envelope number, numbers of guests, & the amount paid on the guest sign-in sheet.
- Guest fees are $3.00 per day per person, payable upon entering the pool area whether swimming or on deck. Members are responsible for payment of guest fees. Nonpayment of fees may result in disciplinary action.
- Five (5) guests at one time are permitted per household.
- Member children under the age of 18 are permitted a maximum of two (2) guests during lifeguard hours. If parents are in attendance, refer to the limits in #5 above.
- Members are responsible for the conduct of their guests.
- Every swimmer must take a cleansing shower before entering or re-entering the pool.
- Appropriate swimwear must be worn when swimming.
- Swim diapers are the only diapers allowed in the pool. Diapers must be changed in a designated diaper changing area or restrooms and disposed of properly.
- No food, gum or beverage is allowed in the pool water.
- No glass containers of any kind are allowed within the pool gate.
- Members are responsible for their own clean up.
- Bathroom facilities must be used to maintain pool sanitation.
- No spitting in pool or on deck.
- If you have a communicable disease that can be transmitted by water or have been ill with diarrhea or vomiting in the last two days, do not use the pool.
- Pets are not allowed inside the pool area, except for service animals.
SAFETY AND CONSIDERATION OF OTHERS
- The lifeguard has authority over any situation at the pool. Your duty as a member is to support their decision and aid them when necessary to insure safety. If you disagree with a decision or have concerns please contact the NRSC Board of Trustees.
- It is the responsibility of the membership to monitor and maintain a safe environment at the pool.
- No swimming alone. Swimmers with seizure, heart or circulatory problems are advised to swim with a buddy. At least two (2) responsible people must be at the pool. Please use common sense.
- No running, pushing or horseplay in the pool area.
- No skateboards, skates or bikes are allowed inside pool area.
- After 9:00 p.m. noise needs to be kept to a minimum as a courtesy to our pool neighbors.
- During non-lifeguard hours personal flotation devices (rings, rafts, chairs, and pool toys) are permitted within reason.
- Personal certified flotation vests are allowed at all times.
- Alcohol is permitted only at events when the lifeguard has been hired. Those under the influence or whose conduct is deemed not congruous with the pool will be required to leave.
- Only standing dives are allowed in the deep end and not near the slide. No flips or twists are allowed from the sides or ends of the pool.
- Slide Rules: do not apply until slide review has been completed by the Health Department. Until further notice, the slide is closed.
- The slide may only be used when a lifeguard is present.
- Only one person on the slide & stairs at one time.
- Slide feet first. The safest slide position is an upright, seated position
- No standing or sitting on end of slide
- After entering the water immediately swim away from the slide.
RENTAL OF POOL FACILITIES
The pool facility is available for semi-private parties (other members and their guest are allowed to swim during this time) you may reserve the portion of the deck nearest the gate.
RATE: $45.00 per hour includes lifeguard and up to 15 party attendees (member/non-member)
Maximum of 3 hours of party time
- Complete this form and return with payment to the pool lifeguard lead a minimum of two weeks before party.
- After the party all non-member attendees must exit the pool area. Normal member guest rules then apply to the member and their guests with payment of $3 per guest & sign in.
*No Northridge/Lago Vista non-member residents may be brought in as guests.
- Party permit must be approved and posted one week in advance of the party. Return to NRSC attention: Pool/Lifeguard Lead.
Thank you for your help in keeping the pool a safe and enjoyable place for all members. Please notify any of the board members below if you have any questions or concerns.
By-laws Section 3. Suspension or Termination of Membership
3.3.01 The Board of Trustees shall have the power to suspend facility privileges of a member or terminate a membership. Suspensions longer than one day (1) day or termination of membership requires a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the board, and shall occur only after the member is notified in
writing of the board’s decision. Cause of such actions may include, but are not limited to, a violation of the bylaws or rules, verbal abuse &/or physical threats, or non-payment of fees.
3.3.02 The board shall empower employees of the NRSC to suspend facility privileges of a member for a period not exceeding one (1) day. Such action shall be reported to the president or trustee within twenty-four (24) hours thereafter.
3.3.03 Memberships fees will not be returned due to suspensions or termination of membership.
Please keep the pool nice for everyone by cleaning up after yourselves and your children. Thank You!